what a journey a year can be

I have been thinking a lot about our last year and all we have done.  It has been a year since we left San Diego and started our great adventure.  We have seen so many things, had so many great experiences and learned many lessons.  As scary as it was to quit our jobs and move away from our best friends I can say that a year later I am still glad we did it!
 Since it has been 12 months I thought I would make a top 12 list of why our last year has been wonderful!

1. The time that Mike and I have had to really get to know each other, he truly has become my best friend, my favorite traveling companion and the love of my life.
2. I have done 4 things on my bucket list all within a year!
3. We have lived in two different states.
4. We spent the winter skiing.
5. We were able to travel with both of our parents.
6.  Traveled through Italy.
7. Traveled through Ireland.
8. We camped up the California and Oregon coast, 25 days in a tent.
9. Have checked 5 National Parks off our list, and over 12 state parks.
10. Lived on the Oregon Coast for a summer. (going back this summer for those who want to visit!)
11. Mike was able to take a whole winter "off" to take care of Tinka, and find a new hobby of wood working.
12. Our adventures are not over!!!  Taking this leap has taught us that we can really do anything we put our minds to!  This whole things started with one crazy idea and has become the time of our lives!

For a current update, we left Sandpoint Id, on Tuesday the 2nd and are taking a week or so to get to my parents house in Washington.  We have drove to Missoula and stayed at Lolo hot springs, and made our way down to Sun Valley Idaho for a day of skiing.  Our next stop is Boise.
Here are a few pictures of our trip so far. Enjoy!!

Our last day skiing at Schweitzer. 

See we do know how to ski:)


Professional skier. 

Amazing the cliffs meeting the lake, on our way out of Sandpoint.

Open road


You never know who you will run into on a potty break.

We stopped at the Bison Range. 

Such amazing colors that day!!



The Bison Range is cool!

So cool we followed the river almost the whole drive.

My new friends.

Spring skiing at Sun Valley! 

A.M. Adams  – (9:33 PM)  

What an adventure! Your photos are amazing, and your year has been even more amazing!! You are my new role models!!

A.M. Adams  – (9:35 PM)  

What an adventure! Your photos are amazing, and your year has been even more amazing!! You are my new role models!!

Unknown  – (9:55 PM)  

you're my idol...

Unknown  – (9:56 PM)  

you're my idol...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP