DIY Christmas gifts



I have not been so creative this Christmas on gift giving yet.  So I thought I would share my gifts from last year.  These are easy to put together and they are a great way to show you care.  

The first gift is a simmer pot, a great way to have the house smelling great with out having to use anything artificial.

Materials
1. Oranges and Lemons
2. Cinnamon sticks
3. Cloves
4. Cheese cloth
5. Twin or string
6. Recipe cards or a note card   
7. Container to hold it all


Slice up your oranges and lemons, throw them in the oven on 200 to 250, you will want to flip them a few times.  Keep them in there long enough to dry but don't burn them.  I think mine took about an 1hr or so.  


Next get all your items together and wrap the cloves (a tablespoon or 2 for each package) in some cheese cloth, 4 or 5 cinnamon sticks tided up, some of those dried oranges and lemons stacked and tided.  Last but not least write down the how to.  You are almost set.  


Time to put them all together.  I had some extra canning jars around, they were perfect to hold all the goodies.  Top it off with a little bow and she it ready to be sent out! 

The next gift I made was for my co-workers, I wanted something they could use in the office or at home.    What better gift than pop corn!!


Materials
1. Popcorn (got my in the bulk section)
2. Salt 
3. Garlic Powder
4. Sugar
5. Cinnamon
6. Paper Bags
7. Container for all the goodness ($1 bin Target)
8. Plastic Bags (Michaels)
9. Recipe cards ($1 bin Target)


Because I was making so many of these little baggies I made a big batch of each topping, for 1/4 of a cup of salt, I added a tablespoon of garlic powder, a 1/4 cup of sugar and a tablespoon of cinnamon.  You can always play with the ingredients and the amounts.  Some other ideas would be salt with a pinch of chili powder and zest from a lime, the ideas are endless.


Directions are always good to have.  You could also include stove top directions for those of us who don't have microwaves. 


Since I included two spice packets I included two bags of pop corn, each a 1/4 of a cup and two paper bags to pop it in. 


Throw it all together and its ready to gift!  
Hope these ideas will help you make a few gifts for those you love:)

I got this idea from here

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP